The Windows update can change the security settings in IE so that ActiveX controls are blocked from being loaded. This will cause your image attached to the e-mail to not open since Prizm Viewer is not able to load.
1) Open Internet Explorer.
2) Click on the Tools and a menu displays. Click on Internet Options.
3) The Internet Options dialog box displays. Select the Security tab.
4) Near the bottom of the Security tab click on Custom level. The Security Settings - Internet Zone dialog box displays.
5) Scroll down to the section labeled Active X controls and plug-ins.
6) Under the option Allow previously unused ActiveX controls to run without prompt, select Enable.
7) Scroll down to the option Run ActiveX controls and plug-ins and select Enable.
8) Click OK. A Warning window displays asking: Are you sure you want to change the settings for this zone?
9)Click Yes. You will return to the Internet Options dialog box.
10) Click Apply.
11) Close internet explorer and then your internet settings are changed.
Because this setting changes security for your computer and not just Prizm Viewer, other ActiveX applications will also be permitted to run on your computer. You may want to check with your system administrator before making this change on your computer.
Note: The Outlook Express email client presents a "Restricted sites" error message when trying to open email attachments with Prizm Viewer if you don't make the following changes.
1) In Outlook Xpress, open Tools|Options|Security tab.
2) Under the Virus Protection section and the "Select the Internet Explorer security zone to use", select the option: Internet Zone(Less Secure, but more functional).
3) Uncheck the "Do not allow attachments to be saved or opened that could potentially be a virus".
4) Choose OK and re-open your file attachment. It should now open fine with Prizm Viewer.
Because this setting changes security for your Email client and not just Prizm Viewer, you may want to check with your system administrator before making this change on your computer.